02 Oct MAINTAN YOUR HAIR THIS SILLY SEASON
They don’t call it silly season for nothing. It’s silly because after a year of setting and (ultimately) meeting new goals, gaining ground on career objectives and generally creating a better ‘you,’ it’s about time we threw caution to the wind, consumed and partook in naughty things and as the saying goes, ‘let our hair down.’
That’s where we come in. And this is not to say we don’t love long, sexy free-flowing hair, but we advise against letting your hair down as it pertains to ditching home-hair regimes, skipping the colour refresh and indulging days by the (chlorinated) pool without a cleansing shampoo in tow.
So here’s a few pointers on maintaining that beautiful style we’ve worked so hard together to achieve this festive season.
- Your hair is like your skin, before settling into a long, salty day at the beach or local pool, hair requires protection from harmful UV rays. Wella Professionals SUN Protection Spray does just that, and can be used pre and post sun exposure courtesy of a two-phase formula that first protects before deeply hydrating.
- We’ve finally achieved that beautiful creamy blonde. Don’t compromise immaculate colour results with a sub-standard shampoo. Wella Professionals SUN Hair and Body Shampoo gently helps to remove impurities from sunscreen, salt and chlorinated water –simultaneously hydrating of course.
- Don’t forget to RE-BOOK! Christmas and the months leading into holiday season are the busiest of the year for salon professionals. Be sure to speak with our friendly salon co-ordinator to secure the best time for you (if you haven’t already).
- Blondies, you’re going to need a specialised shampoo to use once-or-twice weekly to maintain that beautiful bright finish. We recommend Anaka’s very own self-titled BLONDE shampoo – sulphate, parabin preservative and petro-chemical free, our formulas are kind to animals as well as hair!
- Stock up on handbag-ready minis to keep your hair in shape when dancing from the desk to the Christmas party and on into the night/morning. It’s a no brainer.
But other than that, kick up your heels – we will be!
*Image courtesy of VOGUE