29 Oct Your Fairytale Ending
Heed our top ten tips for damaged hair in need of a fairytale ending.
1. Lose the Loose ends: Split ends, they’re the epitome of unhealthy hair and there’s no excuse for stringy ends ready to snap. Commit to a solid haircut and, most importantly, maintain it! Split ends travel up the hair, causing more harm than its worth.
2. Don’t Over-Wash: If you’re home-hair regime includes a daily wash, try stretching it out to every second day. This will enable hair some extra time to benefit from those natural (and highly conditioning!) oils that shampoo (mostly) removes with each wash.
3. Care Selection: Enquire about the best shampoo and conditioner duo for dry damaged hair – formulas loaded with ultra-hydrating ingredients such as coconut and/or argan oil are great choices.
4. Curb the Colour: While we’re all for beautiful colour applications, depending on the level of damage, we suggest stretching out the frequency of blonding/colour services. Ask your Anaka colourist about options that will leave your colour feeling refreshed minus the damage.
5. Olaplex! When added to professional colour formulations this miracle product re-links broken (hair) bonds caused by previous and current chemical treatment – restoring bonds and protein for a colour service that actually conditions whilst it processes … and stocked at Anaka!
6. Treat It: We’re big advocates of the twice-weekly intense hair masque/treatment – especially for those strands in need of repair. Let us prescribe the perfect option for you.
7. Food First: Like skin, hair is a reflection of our lifestyle including our eating habits. Help dry damaged strands on their path to recovery with diet choices rich in vitamins B6, B12, omega-3 fatty acids, protein and iron.
8. Decrease the Heat: While we suggest minimizing the use of heat styling tools while treating damaged hair, we understand this isn’t a realistic option for everyone. Try using a heat-protecting styling cream or spray before heat styling.
9. Love the Leave-In: We stock a comprehensive range of leave-in conditioners/styling creams for just about every hair-type. These will keep your hair hydrated for longer.
10. Kick the Chemicals. Harsh chemicals and sulfate can strip hair of its natural oils and weaken strands, opt for a more natural solution such as Anaka’s in-house vegan haircare line.
A healthy (hydrated) canvas enables us to maximize your colour and style potential, so we’ve grouped three of our favourite super-hydrating products together as a Christmas gift to damaged hair. The pack includes one full-size bottle of shampoo and conditioner plus a FREE 200ml treatment. Perhaps a subtle-hint or hit of self-indulgence this festive season.
Hydrate, Repair and Colour packs available – enquire within!
*Image courtesy of VOGUE France